Metaphysical Properties of Fire Agate
Alternate Name: Flame Agate
Chakras: Root Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra
Vibration Number: Number 9
Typical Colors: Brown, Copper, Red
Top Three Properties: Protection, Vitality, Spiritual Perfection
Physical: Circulatory Problems, Fever, Hot Flashes, Increase Metabolism, Night Vision
Emotional: Ambition, Courage, Protection, Shyness, Willpower
Spiritual: Reducing Negative Energy
Fire Agate, known as the spiritual flame of absolute perfection, carries a great mystery locked inside its deep brown crystal. You need only touch the stone, and fiery embers ignite. Peer into its depths, and flames leap within its chambers. Study it closely, and it will almost show you its secrets. Almost.
Fire Agate is a variety of Chalcedony, a mineral of the Quartz family. It has a translucent deep reddish-brown base, with flashes of orange, red, green, and gold that appears as living flames within the gem. Its iridescent colors are caused by light interference on thin layers of iron oxide or limonite crystals within the Chalcedony.
More Metaphysical Properties
- It is considered to inspire bravery, courage, and spiritual fortitude. It reduces fear and encourages feelings of security and safety.
- Agate has a lower intensity and vibrates to a slower frequency than other stones but is highly regarded as a stabilizing and strengthening influence.
- Fire Agate provides steady, vibrant energy that stimulates a zest for living.
- It awakens the lower chakras and lights one's inner fires of Life Force, creativity, sexuality, and will. It brings back to focus the Divine blueprint of one's life purpose and increases everyday life pleasures.
- It helps manifest Divine guidance through action and assists one in taking decisive action in unclear circumstances.
- It increases passion, emotions, and reconnection to one's deepest desires and provides the courage to take risks to fulfill those promptings.
- It is ideal for banishing the stupor of a humdrum routine.
- When one is wearing Fire Agate, it can also stir others' emotions, sometimes facilitating attraction between mates.
- It can stimulate sexual and physical energy, increase stamina and circulation, and treat sexual imbalances, including impotence or fear of sexual intimacy.
- A stone of creativity and expression, Fire Agate is beneficial in overcoming artistic blocks of all kinds.
- Fire Agate protects the home and family if placed on an outside sill.
- In the workplace, it is a crystal of ambition and high achievement.
- As a support stone, Fire Agate is a safeguard over water for airplane and airline workers and ensures protection around electricians' high energy.
- It helps writers express ideas in a marketable form.
- Helps young children learn to walk and not fall as they get older.