Pine Water is a product that you can use internally if desired for cleansing. It is traditionally used for protection and cleansing. Pine Water can be an additive to a floor wash put around doors and windows to help keep spirits from entering a home, place, or business. This is very similar to Tar Water. Pine Water has all the properties and abilities of Tar Water accept this can be used if desired as a tincture that you can take internally. It contains Pine Resin in living water.
Metaphysical Properties Of Pine Water
Official Name: Pinus spp.
Deities: Cybele, Pan, Venus, Attis, Dionysus, Astarte, Sylvanus
Metaphysical Powers: Healing, Fertility, Protection, Exorcism, Money
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore of Pine
- Cones from a Pine Tree are carried to increase fertility and to have vigorous old age.
- A Pine Cone gathered on Midsummer (still retaining its seeds) is an excellent magical object, for if its possessor eats one pine nut from it every day, it will make them immune to gunshots.
- Pine Needles are burned during the winter months to purify and cleanse the house.
- When Pine Needles are scattered on the floor, they drive away evil, and when burned, exorcise the area of negativity. They are also used in cleansing baths.
- Pine Needles are burned to reverse and send back spells.
- The pine branches placed above or over the bed keep sickness far away (or aid the ill if they weren't placed in time).
- In Japan, it was customary to place a pine branch over the house door to ensure continual joy within, for the leaves are evergreen.
- A cross made of pine needles placed before the fireplace keeps evil from entering through it.
- Pine is also used in money spells, and its sawdust is used as a base for incenses.