Metaphysical Properties of Anise at a Glance
Official Name: Pimpinella anisum
Other Names: Anneys, Aniseseed, Yanisin, Sweet Cumin
Uses: Protection, Purification, Youth
Common Magical Uses of Anise Star
- By sleeping with Anise seed in your pillowcase you will not have nightmares.
- Use it in protection and meditation incenses.
- Fresh anise leaves in a room will drive off evil and are sometimes placed around the magic circle to protect the magician from evil spirits.
- It averts the evil eye.
- Used in purification baths, along with bay leaves.
- It is used to call spirits to aid in magical spells
- A sprig hung from a bedpost will restore youth.
Anise Star can stimulate psychic awareness, instills a sense of calm, ward off the evil eye and bring good luck to name a few of its spiritual properties.
Medically Anise has been effective in treating gas, stimulate the appetite, reduce the risk of cancer, help with free radicals in the body, combat influenza, and help with digestion to name a few of the medicinal qualities of this unique herb.
It is associated with the element of air, the planet Jupiter and masculine energies.