Metaphysical Properties of Lime Peel Powder
Official Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Also Known As: Loomi, Dayap, Calmouc
Metaphysical Powers: Healing, Love, Protection
Folklore and Magickal Uses of Lime Peel
- Take a fresh lime and pierce it with old iron nails, spikes, pins, and needles, and throw it into a deep hole in the ground. This will rid you of all ills, hexes, and so on.
- Wear a necklace of limes to cure a sore throat.
- Lime Peel is used in love mixtures and incenses.
- To cure a toothache, drive a nail into the trunk of a lime tree (but thank the tree first!)
- Twigs of the lime tree protect against the evil eye when carried.
Limes can either be sour or sweet, with the latter not readily available in the United States. Sour limes possess a greater sugar and citric acid content than lemons and feature an acidic and tart taste, while sweet limes lack citric acid content and are lovely in flavor. Lime prevents the formation of kidney stones and helps the disintegration of existing ones, strengthens heart health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, eases breathing, protects eyes from diseases of age, cleanses the body from harmful substances that amplify inflammations in arthritis, cures fever, gout, rheumatism, and cancer, helps burn fat during weight loss and keeps the body in good shape.
The abundance of citric acid and antioxidants gives this green fruit natural antibacterial properties and promotes its inclusion in many products for hair and skincare. It is particularly effective in problems such as dandruff (it is a preferred cosmetic ingredient in specialized shampoos), acne, and other bacterial or fungal infections, effectively evens the complexion and keeps skin firm, toned and radiant, cleans the follicles, and stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, thereby supports hair growth.
Lime Peel Powder