Metaphysical Properties Of Yarrow Leaf and Flower
Official Name: Achillea millefolium
Other Names: Bad Man's Plaything, Carpenter's Weed, Death Flower, Devil's Nettle, Eerie, Field Hops
Metaphysical Powers: Courage, Love, Psychic Powers, Exorcism
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore of Yarrow
- When worn, the yarrow is protective.
- When held in your hand, it stops all fear and grants courage.
- Dried yarrow hung over the bed or used in wedding decorations ensures love will last at least seven years.
- Yarrow is used in love spells.
- Carrying a yarrow not only brings love but it attracts friends and distant relations you wish to contact.
- It draws the attention of those you want to see the most.
- An infusion made of yarrow flowers and drunk as tea is said to improve psychic powers.
- Yarrow is used to exorcising evil and negativity from a person, place, or thing.
Aside from its wispy leaves, another distinguishing characteristic of yarrow is its blossoms. Yarrow flowers are tiny and grow in flat-topped composite clusters at the top of the plant's stems. They flower from June to October and are either rose- or lilac-colored, or white.
Placing Yarrow Leaf and Flower in a charm or carrying it in a sachet with other items of protection is a common use. It has been used to assist in love, according to the teachings if hung over a bed or used as a wedding decorations Yarrow Leaf and Flower will help enhance love for seven years.
Dragon's Eye chose to use Yarrow Leaf and Flower in his Dragon's Eye Migraine Relief Blend due to the relaxing effects and the historical use of Yarrow Leaf and Flower for pain.
When used in a tea before doing any readings Yarrow Leaf and Flower is said to assist a psychic by enhancing their abilities. Yarrow has also been used in exorcisms.