Not only are apricots a great sweet treat for us every part of the apricot can be used in ritual and spells. It is said that the garden of paradise tended by Hesperides with the golden apples. That these apples were apricot and not what we think of as apples today. The fruit is delectable and now the stones or kernels can aid in spells as well. Apricot kernel is the seed found inside the apricot pit. It contains a chemical called amygdalin, which the body turns into cyanide. It can be toxic. Apricots are called by some "stone fruits," this refers to the pit not an actual stone.
Metaphysical Properties of Apricot Kernels (Apricot Pits)
Official Name: Prunus armeniaca
Other Names: Umublinkosi, Xing Ren
Metaphysical Powers: Love
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore of Apricot Kernels (Apricot Pits)
- Eat the fruit to obtain a sweet disposition, or use the juice in love spells and potions.
- The leaves and flowers can be added to love sachets, and the pits are carried to attract love.
- Possess Anti-Inflamitory properties, could be used to treat skin conditions such as eczema and dry irritated skin
- Apricot Kernal oil has been used to smooth the skin to reduce wrinkles, and cracked heels
- Has been used to increase hair growth
- Has a history of being used to heal injuries
- The oil is known for containing properties for emollient, healing, antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-aging
**Please Note: the Kernels or pits are not recommended to take internally as they could be toxic. The chemical in Apricot Kernals that is said to help with many conditions is turned into cynyde by the body. So it is unsafe for consumption. This product is only intended for ritual or spell use.