Metaphysical Properties Of Artichoke Leaf
Official Name: Cynara scolymus
Metaphysical Powers: Protection
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore Artichoke Leaf
- Greek legend states that the first Artichoke was initially a beautiful woman. An angry god was so jealous of her beauty that he transformed her into an artichoke.
- The Artichoke is undoubtedly delicious. Because it's a member of the thistle family, the Artichoke is eaten as part of protective diets due to its sharp flower points.
- Flavor with garlic or bay leaves for additional protective energy.
- Artichokes have been used since 500 BC by many cultures for their culinary, medicinal, and spiritual properties.
- Artichoke Leaf is used for purification and healing; it is used as a substitute for graveyard dust. The Artichoke s a member of the thistle family; they carry armor and are eaten to ward off danger. They are used in rituals to get to the heart of a matter.
- Artichoke leaves represent the crown chakra.
- Artichoke as a whole and just leaves have been used as a bile stimulant, a diuretic, enhancing liver function. Traditional healers have used artichokes to treat chronic liver and gall bladder diseases, jaundice, hepatitis, arteriosclerosis, and symptoms of diabetes.
- It is also used in culinary for a vegetable dish.