Metaphysical Properties Of Olive Leaf
Official Name: Olea europaea
Other Names: Olivier, Itm, Mitan
Deities: Athena, Apollo, Irene, Minerva, Ra
Metaphysical Powers: Healing, Peace, Fertility, Potency, Protection, Lust
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore of Olive Leaf
- The oil was burned in lamps to light temples in ancient times.
- On an olive leaf, write Athena's name. Press this against the head or wear on the body, and it will cure a headache.
- Olive oil has long been used as an anointing oil to aid in healing.
- Olive leaves scattered or placed n a room spread a peaceful vibration throughout the area.
- When eaten, olives ensure fertility and sexual potency in men and are also lust-inducing.
- Athenian brides wore crowns of olive leaves to ensure their fertility.
- An olive branch hung over the door, guards the house against all evils, and on the chimney wards off lightning.
- Olive leaves, when worn, bring luck.
The olives are harvested in the green-to-purple stage, and they are more fully fleshed in orchards than in the wild. The seed of the olive is commonly referred to as the pit, and in Britain, it's called a stone. Researchers believe that the olive tree had its origin approximately 6,000–7,000 years ago in the region corresponding to ancient Persia and Mesopotamia.