Metaphysical Properties of Dittany of Crete
Official Name: Dictamus origanoides
Metaphysical Uses of Dittany of Crete
- Astral Projection
Common Magical Uses of Dittany of Crete
- When burned is an excellent base for spirits' manifestations, as they appear in the rising smoke.
- Use as an astral projection incense when mixed with equal parts of vanilla, benzoin, and sandalwood.
Dittany of Crete is an excellent herb with many healing and mystical uses. Dittany is sacred to the Hunter Goddess Artemis. Using Dittany of Crete on an altar to the Greek Goddess Artemis can be a way to build a stonger connection the Huntress.
It is said that burning Dittany of Crete during a summoning causes the entity or spirit to appear in the smoke rather then taking a physical form. Meditation with Dittany of Crete burning or as an incense is said to assist with Astral Travel and Projection, this is said to allow for a more remembered experience.
Dittany is an excellent cleansing herb and can be used to
- Protect your house and personal sphere against invasive evil entities
- Cleansing the circle
- Banishing herb to cast out evil spirits
- Repel venomous creatures
Placing Dittany of Crete around the home is something that has been done in history as a way to ward away animals and bugs that could be harmful as well as to ward the negative and invasive entities that wish entry, or to force out that which is already there.
Dittany is used to repel all sorts of foreign and potentially harmful matter.
- As a drawing herb, it was used to draw out splinters,
- When applied to snake bites, it was believed to draw out their poison.
- When burned, the smoke was used to expel a dead embryo in cases of miscarriage.
Please do not use it during pregnancy or while breastfeeding!!!!
Dittany of Crete has been utilized for many things such as; cosmetic hair & skin treatments, medicinal salves, healing teas for digestive issues, healing of wounds, and many more.