Metaphysical Properties Of Red Sage Root
Official Name: Salvia officinalis
Other Names: Sage, Garden Sage, Sawge, Chinese Sage,Tan Shen, Danshen
Metaphysical Powers: Immortality, Longevity, Wisdom, Protection, Wishes
Common Magickal Uses and Folklore Red Sage Root
- Utilized to ensure long life and sometimes immortality.
- Carried to promote wisdom and the leaves are used in many healing and money spells.
- To guard yourself against the evil eyewear a small horn filled with sage.
- It is bad luck to plant red sage in your own garden. You should find a stranger to do it.
- A full bed of sage brings band luck, so make sure that some other plant shares the space.
- Toads love sage.
- To make a wish come true write it on a sage leaf and hide it under your pillow. Sleep with it for three nights. If you dream of your wish it will come true. If not, bury the sage in the ground so you do not come to harm.
Red Sage Root is a flowering plant that is a native to the countries of China and Japan, and is actually part of the Mint family. Red Sage Root has been a part of the traditional Chinese Medicine for over 2000 years.
Red-Root Sage is recognized for its cardiovascular benefits; it has been found to improve blood flow and reduce pain associated with heart problems. According to Altmd.com, the Red Sage Root is considered an effective preventing and treating symptoms of angina.
Danshen, sometimes called Red Sage Root, the scientific name of Salvia miltiorrhiza, has been used for centuries to help treat a wide range of medical concerns, from high cholesterol to type 2 diabetes. There’s some evidence that its benefits aren’t just based on old wives’ tales.
Danshen is a powerful herb with a lot of properties that could improve your health. It is currently going through trials and may become the first traditional Chinese remedy to gain approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.